Friday, December 15, 2006

what a couple dummies!

For your Christmas cheer, Mr. Miller has found a fantastic little 45 record from a pair of knuckleheads called Kenny & Corky. We haven't been able to dig any background up on these guys, but we can vouch for they're hilariousness. Side one is the dummy duo singing that bad boy standard "Nutin' for Christmas." What's so fun about this rendition is that as the mischievous troublemakers recount their terrible antics, they do it with such glee, chuckling hysterically at their naughtiness.

On the flip side the pair of pals show their more tender side, singing that sweet little chestnut about "Suzy Snowflake."



Go download the record and sleeve covers and give 'em a listen:
Kenny & Corky 45 record download

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for this Christmas contribution from the two termite targets!

Man, the number of Chipmunk wannabes in the '50s and '60s was legion!

Love the mischievous laughter on the song. This is the second best version after Stan Freberg's!

Max the drunken severed head

PopCereal said...

Mr. Max,
Glad you enjoyed it! Though they're most likely sawdust by now, I'm sure these two knob heads had their share of fame and misfortunes.
Merry,
Mr. Miller

bongolong said...

Thanks for this goofy share.

Merry Christmas!!

Anonymous said...

My name is Michael Hansen. A friend of mines parents had this record. I discovered they had it when I was 15 years old. Few years later, I bought at a store (camelot? I think) in the cut out section for cheap, a brand new VHS video (that is in storage) but it has a Music Video in B&W for Kenny & Corky Nuttin for Christmas!!! I know I still have it somewhere. I also remember the video has no credits/mention of "Kenny" or "Corky" ...but the VHS is in storage. May be a comp. as I write this I am going to be 36 years old.

PopCereal's Fan Box

PopCereal on Facebook